Frequently asked Questions
How does it all work?
If you’re not familiar with how ‘pot 2 doodle do’ works, it’s easy:
- Choose a piece of pottery from our range of pieces to paint
- We’ll get you started – everything from how to use the paints to how to get the best results
- Leave it with us – then come and pick up your items, glazed and fired around a week later.
Do I need to book?
It is recommended at busy times such as weekends and school holidays, but if you don’t get a chance, pop in and we’ll see if we can fit you in.
How long will it take to fire my item?
Normally around a week later. After you have finished painting we glaze the item and load it into a kiln where it is fired at stupendous temperatures. We will give you an idea of turnaround times when you come to paint.
Can I have my pottery back any quicker?
We will do our best, just let us know when you would like it by, but it depends how busy we have been up to that date and how much is waiting to be fired.
Are the paints safe for children and babies?
All paints are child safe, water based, non toxic under glazes. They also come out in a machine wash.
At what age can I get a good handprint?
Getting a small baby’s handprint is extremely difficult, if not impossible, because they scrunch their little fists up, we will do our best but the results aren’t always perfect! You can always get a great little footprint that shows how tiny their feet and toes were, once…! We recommend footprints up to one year, and handprints from one year on.
Do you charge a studio fee?
Here at pot 2 doodle do we are happy to say our prices are all inclusive, the price you see is the price you pay. However if you need to return to finish your pottery item/s we would charge a £4.00 per painter studio fee. We also ask that you take the unfinished item with you until you are ready to return.
What happens if I don’t finish in time?
There is no time limit – you can stay all day if you want. But if you need to be somewhere else you are welcome to come back and finish off your piece at another time, we ask that you take the unfinished item with you until you are ready to return. If you need to come back to finish your pottery item/s we would charge a £4.00 per painter studio fee.
Can I leave my children with you?
Unfortunately not, although we love working with children we don’t have the necessary qualifications to be given that responsibility. But we can assure you, you will have fun too!
Can I mix the paint?
We don’t recommend it, because you then can’t guarantee how the colours will come out, but yes they can be mixed if you would like to make your own colour.
What happens if it goes wrong in the kiln?
Accidents do happen and it’s horrible for you and us if it does! We will issue you with a voucher to the full value so you can come and have a go at decorating a replacement item.
If you have any other questions please feel free to ask away!
Terms and conditions
Here is the boring bit:
- Payment is to be made in full on the date of painting by cash, debit or credit card. Commissions are also to be paid for in full on the date of ordering.
- ‘Pot 2 doodle do’ cannot be held liable for any damage to painted pottery in the glazing and firing process. Defects in the pottery that are not visible to the naked eye when unfired can become apparent during this process. In the unlikely event of this happening, we will give you the opportunity to return and paint the same item again free of charge.
- Paints used at ‘pot 2 doodle do’ are non toxic, water based and baby and child safe. If you have any allergies please use with caution as we cannot be held liable for any allergic reactions.
- The studio is used entirely at your own risk. Please accompany children to the toilets and when painting the pottery.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to collect painted pottery pieces 7 days after painting. All pieces will be available at the studio to be picked up after 7 days. Whereas we will always endeavour to keep pieces indefinitely after painting, we don’t have unlimited space and so cannot guarantee your piece will still be here if you do not come and collect within 1 month.
- Gift vouchers will not be redeemable until full price has been paid.
- Please pay attention to the colour chart stars when choosing a colour as refunds are not given if the colours on your piece don’t meet your expectations. Please note that colours on unfired pottery might look completely different to the fired colour.
- Refunds are only given for defects in the pottery at the time of collection. ‘pot 2 doodle do’ cannot be held responsible for any chips or marks that appear after collection. Please inspect your piece closely on collection to ensure you are happy with the quality of the pottery. We will inspect it straight out of the kiln to ensure it meets our high standards.